Rustic Brown Patina imparts a deep brown finish on Steel & Iron. It can be used on a wide variety of steel parts such as furniture, railings, iron works, architectural steel, panel boards, decorative works, signs, sculpture and structural steel. Cold rolled or mild steel is preferred, since hot rolled steel must have its mill scale removed by sanding or by de-scaling prior to application.
Sanding the Steel is Highly recommended prior to using the cleaner solution to ensure full coverage of the patina. Prepare the Steel Surface by brushing Brush N Clean to decrease and descale.
- Rinse with Water. Ensure no cleaning solution remains on surface.
- Vigorously brush the solution on the steel parts for approximately 30-60 seconds to develop the finish. Towards the end of the 30-60 second window, start to gently dab the surface with the brush to fine tune the finish. Pay attention to edges and hard to reach areas.
- Rinse with Water. Ensure no Patina remains on surface.
- Wipe dry.
- Seal Patina with an appropriate Lacquer for Metal.
Recommended Ancillary Products:
Brush N Clean
- Acrylaq-1045 FLAT Lacquer for Metal
Square Footage : Approximately 90-100 Square Feet Per Gallon
|16 oz Bottle
|4 Gallon Case
|5 Gallon Bucket